We are Superior Controls, New England's largest independent automation systems integrator, and selected as the "Worldwide Systems Integrator of the Year" by Control Engineering Magazine. We are currently seeking to add another Automation Engineer to our team in Albany, NY.
Provide operational support during the hours of 12AM to 8AM (third shift) on Monday through Friday. Candidate will be responsible for fielding support requests from manufacturing and facilities personnel and provide hardware and software troubleshooting assistance. This individual would also propose potential solutions to issues identified with equipment and systems. Documentation and execution of changes would follow the customer’s change control process.
- Assess and record requests for assistance. Gather necessary information and identify personnel required for assistance.
- Understand customer standard operating procedures.
- Analyze a running system using PLC code to determine the root cause of an issue.
- Communicate information back to responsible parties.
- Read and understand system drawings and design documents.
- Document findings using customer procedures.
- Develop solutions to known issues and document in a detailed change description.
- Create a technical evaluation and test plan using customer supplied templates.
- Update system drawings and design documents to reflect modifications.
- Execute a change control and associated test plan.
- Knowledge, Abilities, Skills:
- Read and understand piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Read and understand control system electrical drawings.
- Proficient with Allen Bradley PLC systems. Ability to read and understand PLC code.
- Read and understand system life cycle documents such as the User Requirements Specification (URS), Functional Specification (FS), and Software Design Specification (SDS).
- Familiarity with equipment used in a Biotech facility such as Bioreactors, Mixing Tanks, Filtration Systems, Clean Utilities, and CIP is a plus.
- Knowledge of Good Automated Manufacturing Practice (GaMP) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practice (GDP) is a plus.
- Proficiency with Siemens S7 PLC systems and FactoryTalk View ME/SE is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of industrial controls experience
- Proficient with Allen Bradley PLC systems
What We Offer:
At Superior Controls you will enjoy working with a fun yet professional team of engaged engineers that are focused on the success of the company, and each other. You will be provided with learning opportunities, both internally and externally, that are designed to increase the breadth and scope of your experience by introducing you to new opportunities and challenges by partnering with our clients in the pharmaceutical, biotech, life sciences, food and beverage industries. You will also receive competitive wage and benefit programs to include annual bonus award opportunities