We are Superior Controls, New England's largest independent automation systems integrator, and selected as the "Worldwide Systems Integrator of the Year" by Control Engineering Magazine. We are looking for a qualified Senior Staff Accountant to add to our Accounting and Finance team here in Seabrook, NH.
This position reports to the Accounting Manager and supports the Chief Financial Officer and Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department. The Senior Staff Accountant aids in the maintenance and control of General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records. The Senior Staff Accountant will relieve the Chief Financial Officer and Accounting Manager of certain responsibilities that will allow them to spend a greater portion of their time on Financial Statement preparation and analysis, Budget and Variance issues, and Forecasting. The Senior Staff Accountant will be cross-trained and learn the various functions of the Finance/Accounting Department (Billing & A/R, Payroll, A/P, etc.) to serve as back up for existing staff and train new staff.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department, including:
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance with internal policies
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Balance sheet and P&L variance analysis
- Consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Ajera implementation team member
- Interface with various departments, including engineering, sales and operations.
- Process benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets and depreciation, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries
- Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules, the prepaid expense and maintenance contract schedules, and ensure proper recording in the General Ledger
- Review and process Amex and Visa expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis
- Serve as company liaison with auditors and assist in the compilation of information for the Company’s annual tax returns
- Perform such other accounting and financial tasks as may be required from time to time, often on short notice, by the Chief Financial Officer or Accounting Manager
- Collect and analyze data to assess accuracy and integrity, and interpret and evaluate results by creating financial reports and/or presentations
- Prepare consolidated forecasts and budgets and analyze trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
- Compile and prepare Board, lender, and internal management reporting packages, including analytical review, charts and graphs of operational and financial data
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 4+ years progressive accounting experience gained preferably in a professional services firm (architectural, engineering, legal, accounting, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting, including an in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrable experience with ERP and accounting software packages; hands-on experience with Deltek Ajera a major plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Detailed oriented with excellent ability to analyze data and generate reports
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
What We Offer
At Superior Controls you will enjoy working with a fun and engaged team of professionals that are focused on the success of the company, and each other. You will be provided with learning opportunities, along with competitive wage, benefits, and bonus programs. Interested? Check us out www.facebook.com/Superior-Controls-163185567033474/ www.superiorcontrols.com