Banks Integration Group is seeking an experienced Senior Automation Engineer to join its team. In this role you will be responsible for leading the detailed hardware and software design of process automation control systems projects, as well as, defining architecture requirements, developing detailed software design specifications, programming PLC, DCS and SCADA applications, configuring thin client server applications, configuring process based historian databases, tuning control loops, providing control system startup services, troubleshooting existing control systems and providing control system qualifications. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead projects from concept through commissioning phases.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Allen-Bradley products required (ControlLogix, PLC5, SLC500, RSView, PanelView Plus, RSBizWare RSBatch, etc.)
- Experience with other PLC platforms (GE Fanuc, Siemens, Modicon), DCS platforms (primarily DeltaV and ABB 800xA) and various SCADA and HMI packages (Intellution, and Wonderware)
- Experience implementing detailed control system electrical design packages required
- Understanding of control system network topology required, i.e. Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, etc.
- Understanding of Biopharmaceutical processes preferred
- GMP and validation experience preferred
- Knowledge of S88 Batch standards and experience implementing batch systems is preferred
- Experience programming various other control systems preferred (i.e., GE Fanuc Series 90, Siemens S7, DeltaV, ABB 800xA, Honeywell DCS, Intellution iFIX, and Wonderware).
- Instrumentation experience is required
- Must be available for regional travel
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Outgoing personality, strong leadership skills, as well as, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
Education & Experience:
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related Engineering fields plus five years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Proficiency in troubleshooting control systems and an understanding of process controls a must
- Programming experience in Emerson DeltaV and ABB 800xA preferred
- Control system validation experience of pharmaceutical/biotech systems is a plus
- Experience in a lead role requirred
Joining the Banks Integration team is to become a member of our extended family. Our goal is to maintain an environment that will bring out the best in your individual strengths and talents, that allow us to provide our customers with solutions that exceed expectations. As a full time member of our team you will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Interested in learning more? Check us out, www.banksintegration.com